There are total ‘ 26’ letters in the English alphabet. Under the alphabetical test, the status of the letters is reviewed based on the local values of the letters located in the English alphabet.
Before solving the questions based on the English alphabet, it is important to know the following facts.
In the English alphabet, the increasing order of letters towards A → Z is called the English alphabet sequence.
In the English alphabet, the increasing order of letters towards Z → A is called the opposite sequence of the English alphabet.
• In the English alphabet ‘From your left’ means that from your left to right i.e. towards A → Z
• ‘From your right’ in the English alphabet means towards your left side i.e. Z → A
• ‘On your left side’ in the English alphabet means toward your left side i.e. Z → A
• ‘On the right side’ in the English alphabet means towards your left to right i.e. towards A → Z
• In the English alphabet you have the right side on the right side of the letter on the right and on the other side the letter is also left.
• In the English alphabet, there are a total of five vowels (A, E, I, O, U) and twenty one consonants.
• The letters in the English alphabet up to A → M are the first half and the letters N → Z are called the second term.
Example 1. What will be the 5th letter from the left to the 7th letter in the English alphabet?
Solution: To the right of the 7th letter G, from the left, will be 5th letter L.
Example 2. What will be the 11th letter left of the 7th letter in the English alphabet?
Solution: from the right (7 + 11) that is the right from the 18th letter = from left (26 – 18 + 1) = 9th letter = I
Example 3. What will be the fourth letter left of the 15th letter from the left in the English alphabet?
Solution: from left (15 – 4) that is, from left to 11th letter = K
Example 4. In the English alphabet, what will be the 11th letter to the right of the 19th letter?
Solution: Right from (19 – 11) that is, from the right to the 8th letter = from left (26 – 8 + 1) i.e. i.e. left to the 19th letter = s
• If the directions are uneven, then by counting the local values, count the number of questions raised in question.
• If the directions are the same, then count the difference between the local values. For example, the word ‘from’ has been used in the initial direction.
• If you are left to right then you will add and subtract from left to left.
Example 5. What will be the 7th letter of I in the English alphabet?
Solution: P If you need to specify the letters to the left or right of a particular letter, then count your left or right from that letter. [Or left (9 + 7) letter = P]
Example 6. What will be the fourth letter ‘O’ in the English alphabet?
Solution – K [From left (15 – 4) letter = K]
Example: If every third letter is removed from the left of the English alphabet, what will be the 9th letter from the left in the new series?
Solution: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P O R S T U V W X Y Z
9th letter from left = M
In the question is asked to remove every third letter from the left, so there will be 2 letters in every 3 letters. In this way, in the new series, the first letter will be asked to take the first digit, which is completely divisible by 2 and divide that digit by 2 and add it to the local value of the letter asked.
I.e. from the left in the new series 9th letter = from the left in the real series
[[9 + 8/2] = 13] letters = M
Similarly (ii) 11th letter from the left in the new series = from the left of the real series (11 + 10/2) i.e. 16th letter = P
(iii) What will be the 12th letter from the right in the new series?
Total letters in new series = 26-3 = 8 = 26-8 = 18
12th letter from the right in the new series = from the left in the new series [(18 – 12 + 1)] = 7th letter
= 10th letter from left to right in series = J
Example: If the English alphabet is written in reverse order, what will be the 8th letter from the left to the 7th letter?
15th from left in the new series = 12th letter = L in the real series
Example 1. How many pairs of letters are there in the word RUMINATION, among which there are as many letters as in the English alphabet?
Solution: 2 (N R, N O).
Example 2. What words will be ranked third for decorating the following words according to the English dictionary?
(a) ESTABLISH (b) ESTATE
(c) ECONOMY (d) ESCORT
Solution: (a) ESTABLISH
Instructions (Q. No. 1 – 3) Please read the following system carefully and answer the questions given below.
R DA K 5 B I 2 M J E N 9 7 U Z V 1 W 3 H 4 F Y 8 P 6 T G
Example 1 . There are such numbers in the above arrangement. Each of which is immediately a consonant before and immediately after a vowel?
(a) None (b) one
(c) three (d) more than three
Solution: (a) There is no such number, each of which has a consonant and later a vowel.
Example 2. Which of the following is left 8th from 17th to the left?
(a) 8 (b) J (c) 8 (d) 5 (e) None of these
17th to the left
→ 17th V from left
From left = 17 – 8 = 9th = M
Example 3. Which of the following is 6th to the right of nineteenth from the right?
(a) 5 (b) Z (c) V (d) 1 (e) None of these
6th to the right of the 19th
From right – 19th
From right – 6th
Right to 19-6 = 13th V